Up close and personal with DESIREE IYAMA

07:08 Unknown 2 Comments


Hey lovely people! How was your past week? Mine was stressful but exciting..Anyway today I'm writing about a fashion and style blogger who has inspired me beyond limits...at first, when she agreed to the interview, I was a bit skeptical about going but the reassuring smile when I opened the door  put me at ease immediately and once I started the interview I realised that this talented beauty who has met the likes of lanre da silvia and omoyemi akerele has really come to stay.

Here it goes :
Can you please introduce yourself?
My name is DESIREE  IYAMA  fashion and style blogger at www.desireeswardrobe.net

Describe how you first got into blogging 
I used to take pictures on tumblr and instagram,I also got inspiration from other blogs

Can you tell us some strengths that really helped you In blogging?
Networking,social media...I also had an internship at beauty cook studio and this day style all these helped my blogging experience

What type of networking do you think helped boost your blog the most?
Attending event where I meet others like me who I could derive inspiration from

What have you learnt from the past year?
When you have an idea, keep it to yourself until you're ready to show it to the world.

What was your greatest failure last year and what have you learnt from it?..
I would say,lack of planning and rush work but I've learn to plan ahead of time,it helps me keep things in check

Tell me about your proudest achievement?
That would be my page views probably

Who impacted you most in you blogging?
Family mostly and a few friends

What is your greatest achievement aside from blogging?
Contributor at a fashion magazine 

What do you do in your spare time?
Draw,listen to music,sleep and school work

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
Taking fashion blogging and DESIREE IYAMAs' wardrobe to a whole new level.

What has been your most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
Inability to take blogging to a different level due to environmental issues.

Name three of your favourite bloggers
Fisayo alonge
Aimeesong
Freddie aro

What inspired you to start your blog? 
Inspiration from others and my amazing viewers

What do you find most frustrating in the aspect of blogging?
People asking for advertisement without product review

Have met anyone interesting or famous on your blogging journey?
Yes actually I've met lanre da silvia, omoyemi akerele  to mention a few.

What is the biggest difference in your life post-blogging?
I found myself

What do you think is the best social media strategy for getting visitors to a blog?
A Facebook community on your blog page. Twitter and instagram are also very helpful.

How would you describe your style?
Comfortable, it's still upcoming though.

Who are your style icons?
Lisa folawiyo
Solange
Aimeesong

What is your advice to upcoming fashion bloggers?
If you feel bad about what you do,remember there is at least one person out there who loves your style,looks up to you and wishes they could do what you do. Positivity is key don't give up what you love doing or what you have passion for. DON'T get distracted watching other people so what you love.

You could reach out to desiree  at desireeswadrobe.net

          Do have a lovely week!..xx. .vourdi

You Might Also Like

2 comments: